Thursday, March 08, 2007

the power of dreams

Sometimes we get stuck in self-defeating ruts where we can't see that something different is possible for our lives.

My boyfriend made a comment to me last night that blew me away. He said, "Just think, if you hadn't met me, you would still be cleaning houses in London."

The power of dreams: They can change everything.

I was happy in London. I had a satisfying business, and I loved my clients dearly. They were (and are - I still write them regularly to let them know how I'm doing) like family to me. But I was struggling with the physical side-effects of a labour-intensive job; I had almost constant back pain and knee pain, and repetitive strain injuries in my wrists and hands.

If you had told me a year ago that I would find a new boyfriend, move to a new city, start the Alexander Technique training program (www.alexandertechnique.ca), heal my body, and begin rewarding new businesses as a professional organizer and freelance writer, I would have laughed at you. I didn't know my own strengths and resourcefulness. Just think what might have (not) happened if I hadn't dared to dream!

I get many daily inspirational e-mails in my inbox, and a few days ago I received a gem from Debra Lynn Dadd:

Set your sights high, the higher the better. Expect the most wonderful things to happen, not in the future but right now. Realize that nothing is too good. Allow absolutely nothing to hamper you or hold you up in any way.
~ Eileen Caddy

Life is too short to be anything other than your best self. Get started on it today...

copyright 2007, Michelle Lynne Goodfellow

No comments: