Tuesday, September 30, 2008

michelle is moving


I'm moving back to my hometown of London, Ontario in approximately two months. I'm sad to be leaving behind the life that I have enjoyed here in Toronto, but I'm excited by the thought of the new things that will happen to me soon.

And the professional organizer in me is chomping at the bit to get started on plans for moving. Who am I kidding? I love it all: the purging, the organizing, the packing, the moving, the unpacking, the sorting - a move is a professional organizer's heaven. Even if it's my own move. Especially if it's my own move.

I'm already excited to see if I can improve on how things went the last time I moved. In my favour is the fact that I have significantly less stuff than before - which means I have less to pack, and less to organize in my new home. It's also going to be easier for me to edit my things before packing, because nearly everything I own is currently being used in my apartment. (Last time, many of my things were stored away in boxes, so I couldn't access them easily to do a really good pre-move purge.)

My mind is already buzzing with plans, and you can be sure I'm going to hone the techniques I've learned through my work with clients and my own previous moves. (See my earlier posts on moving, here and here, for additional tips on packing and organizing.)

Expect more to come, as my moving day draws closer!

2 comments:

Scott said...

Heh! Welcome back to London then! This is where I grew up too, and I've also moved back after living in Toronto. A number of things have changed in ol' London. If you haven't been in the Convent Garden Market since you moved, come back and check out some of the shops. I personally recommend Has Beans, the Salad Bowl, the Tea Haus and both the Chocolate Factory and... the place that was featured on Dragon's Den that makes unreal truffles.

Michelle Lynne Goodfellow said...

Thanks! Love your website - is that your business?