Monday, February 26, 2007

some useful books

Don't stress about getting organized.

(Easy for me to say, I know.) :)

But I'm just like you in many ways. My life is too full. I have more material possessions than I need. And sometimes I feel like my default strategy has become rushing from one crisis to the next... to the next... to the next...

There are many useful tools out there for people interested in changing their lives. I've mentioned some in previous posts, and I'd like to share a few more.

I have found the books by Cheryl Richardson to be invaluable. She suggests several practical action plans for becoming aware of what's going on - and going wrong - in your life.

Before Cheryl there was Barbara Sher, whose books are fantastic for helping you figure out what it is you really want from life.

If you know you need to simplify and you're not sure where to start, check out the books by Elaine St. James. She offers short, simple steps that will help free up your time to do the things you really want to do in life. A sample of her writing can be found here.

If you prefer a more business-like approach, you might enjoy Stephen R. Covey's bestselling books, including The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People.

And once you've decided to really get organized, the books, audiotapes, and videotapes by professional organizer Julie Morgenstern provide a thorough overview of any personal or workplace organizing project you might want to undertake.

(Just be sure that if you buy the books, you actually read them. Don't laugh. Even I occasionally buy books that I never get around to reading...)

copyright 2007, Michelle Lynne Goodfellow

No comments: