Tuesday, May 22, 2007

so, what are michelle lynne goodfellow's specialties?

The majority of my experience is with residential organizing. I got started in the field while working at my previous business, an eco-friendly home-cleaning company. Clients (particularly seniors) would ask me for advice and help with moving or downsizing, and my new business was born.

I've spent several years working intimately with people in their own homes, which is possibly why I prefer residential organizing. But having been at the helm of several small businesses, I also understand the needs of the business sector - especially small office/home office setups.

My background in Home Economics (B.Sc. (H.Ec.) '89 from the University of Western Ontario) has given me special insight into the design of living and working spaces, and I am currently training in a kind of bodywork called the Alexander Technique which further helps me evaluate the ergonomics of spaces. I'm also a longtime yogi and meditator, interested in helping people create calm, soothing and regenerative places in which to live and work.

I have extensive experience working with seniors - they are a population that is dear to my heart. I have a lot of insight into their special needs and (I hope!) a lot of patience to deal with their fears and resistances.

I also have extensive experience working with young families, meeting the needs of children as well as their working parents. I am a foodie who loves to cook and (that Home Ec. experience again!) organize a kitchen.

I love the drudgework of sorting and purging a client's chaotic clutter - and being a visual artist, I have an eye for organizing things to pleasing (and functional) effect.

I'm fast - in fact I often have to curb my tendency to rush - but I can slow myself down for a client who needs to take time to weigh decisions. People are often amazed at what I can help them accomplish. I especially love to educate and coach my clients in organizing strategies, and I get the most satisfaction from knowing that I've passed along useful tools that will keep clients organized long after I've left.

I have a passion for organizing, which is why I write about it so much. I want to share what I know...

copyright 2007, Michelle Lynne Goodfellow

3 comments:

Virtual Assistant Services said...

nice article.Virtual Assistant Services could really give aide to those people that have more tasks than everybody else. availing this virtual assisting could get your life run a little smoother.
nice concept on being a VA. having the ability to know the job that’s prescribed by your employer is a good thing. Being a VA for me simply means being a online secretary.

Keep on posting!

Anonymous said...

Thiѕ is the perfеct ωeb site foг anybοdy who would like to finԁ out about thіѕ topiс.

You realize a wholе lot its almost harԁ to argue with yоu
(not thаt Ӏ aсtuallу woulԁ wаnt to…HaHa).
You definіtely ρut а nеw spin оn a
topic which has been written about for ages. Great
stuff, juѕt greаt!
My website : Cleaning company sterling va

Anonymous said...

Hi there, You have done a fantastic job. I will certainly digg it and personally suggest
to my friends. I'm sure they will be benefited from this site.
Here is my blog post - maid service durham on